Herefordshire Council are starting a phased reopening of play areas from 11 July 2020.
Working with Balfour Beatty Living Places they have inspected and risk assessed all council parks prior to the phased reopening. Measures to make the sites Covid-19 secure include distance markings, cleansing and signage to give advice about how to reduce the chance of coronavirus transmission.
The following Herefordshire Council play maintained areas will reopen from 11 July:
- Aylestone Park, Hereford
- Beaumont Gardens, Hereford
- Gorsty Lane, Hereford
- King George V Field, and King George Playing Field, Hereford
- Luard Walk, Hereford
- Moor Park, Moor Farm
- Wellington Place, Tupsley
- Westfaling Street, Hereford
All remaining council play areas will be reopened by 18 July.
Many children will use the playground equipment so when using the play areas please:
- Bring hand sanitiser or wipes and help children to follow good hygiene measures
- Clean equipment touchpoints before playing with anti-bacterial wipes
- Wash or sanitise hands before and after using the equipment
- Avoiding eating when using the play equipment
- Keep 2 metres apart from other children and families (not in your bubble) where possible
- Please take all litter home
Check locally for details about parks and playgrounds maintained by town and parish councils and housing associations.