A DRAMATIC late brace from substitute, Kelsey Mooney, saw the ten-man Bulls battle out a point from a 2-2 draw with Southport.

There was a nasty clash of heads in the opening couple of minutes between Kyle Finn and Zehn Mohammed which required lengthy treatment for both players.

After a seven-minute stoppage and with both players forced out of the action, the game resumed with the visitors having an effort from Jack Sampson ruled out for offside as he poked home from a free-kick.

A slip at the back from Jevan Anderson, who was making his home debut, almost proved costly, however George Newell also lost his footing as Brandon Hall gathered.

At the other end, the returning Brad Ash tried his luck, but his strike lacked the necessary power to trouble Dan Hanford in the visitors’ goal.

Hall had to tip over a cross-come-shot from Connor Woods that got caught in the wind then a low ball flashed across the danger zone from Charles Oliver was well defended by Jason Pope.

A positive run from Tommy O’Sullivan ended with him getting in a low drive from outside the area which went narrowly wide of the target.

A sweet curling effort from the visitors’ skipper, David Morgan, went just over from distance on the half-hour mark.

Soon afterwards, Lenell John-Lewis was able to get in a strike which was fumbled by the ‘keeper as the loose ball was scrambled clear.

There were chances at either end in quick succession when Newell’s effort was well blocked by Hall and as the clearance rebounded into the path of Reagan Ogle, he saw his strike bravely blocked by Anderson.

The next action saw Tom Owen-Evan’s free-kick out wide headed clear from in front of goal at the far post.

The visitors took the lead on 43 minutes when Newell got in a low strike that went in off the post after the referee allowed play to continue following a foul on Morgan in the build-up.

Trailing at the break, we started the second period with a free-kick right on the edge of the far side of the area following a foul on Owen-Evans but the ball was cleared by Ryan Astles, then in our next attack moments later, Owen-Evans fired wide of the mark.

It was a purposeful start to the second half as Bray did well out wide before seeing his low ball flash across the face of goal with no-one able to get a touch.

A free-kick delivered high into the area from Owen-Evans found the head of Anderson but the ‘keeper was able to claim.

As the clock ticked down, Morgan got in a strike that failed to trouble Hall too much.

Jordan Cullinane-Liburd is sent off for an alleged stamp

With 82 minutes on the clock, a melee ended with Jordan Cullinane-Liburd handed a straight red card as Sampson and Hall were booked for their part in the fracas.

We were made to pay soon afterwards when a ball in from the left found Sampson in space as he made it 2-0.

Kelsey Mooney turns to see his backheel roll over the line

As the clock turned to 90 minutes, we were able to reduce the arrears when Kelsey Mooney found the net following a goalmouth scramble.

More drama was to follow deep into stoppage time when a corner caused all sorts of problems and Mooney was on hand to level matters in front of goal to give us a share of the spoils.

Kelsey Mooney shinned the ball in for the equaliser

THE BULLS: Hall, Hodgkiss, Pope, Jagger Cane, Anderson, Cullinane-Liburd, Finn (Bray 8), Owen-Evans, John-Lewis, O’Sullivan (Mooney 80), Ash (Liburd 66). Subs not used: Riley, Thomas.

BOOKING(S): Owen-Evans, Hall

RED CARD: Cullinane-Liburd

GOAL(S): Mooney (2)

Mooney celebrates his brace with his colleagues
Interim manager Josh Gowling runs to the Meadow End to celebrate with Jared Hodgkiss

ATTENDANCE: 1,712 (47 visiting supporters)