West Mercia Police say that they have been receiving a high number of telephone calls so far today, with callers reporting that members of the public are failing to adhere to COVID-19 lockdown restrictions.
West Mercia Police Operations & Communications Centre posted the following message on Twitter earlier today:
“We are receiving a high number of calls to the control today reporting Covid Breaches. Please take advice from the government website before reporting suspected breaches. For any guidance around Covid and the current regulations, please also refer to PHE website.”
You should only leave your home for the following reasons:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person.
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home.
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one.
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse).
- attend education or childcare – for those eligible.
For more details, please visit – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus