Latest data released by Public Health England has indicated that infection rates across the majority of Herefordshire are currently ‘very high’ with a thousands of people thought to be currently isolating as a result of the virus.
Official data shows that in the seven day period ending 20th March, a total of `1,819 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Herefordshire. This is an increase of 29.1% on the previous seven day period. Hospital numbers have also increased. On 22nd March, a total of 32 patients were recorded as having tested positive for COVID-19 at hospitals in Herefordshire. This is an increase on the previous week (15th March), when a total of 22 patients were recorded as testing positive for COVID-19.
Check your area – Interactive map of cases | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)
Latest update from Wye Valley NHS Trust on visiting at Hereford County Hospital and Community Hospitals.
Wye Valley NHS Trust has updated its visiting restrictions in relation to Frome Ward, which has now re-opened to visitors.
However, Bromyard Community Hospital wards are currently closed to visitors due to a small number of COVID-19 cases (this relates to the wards at that hospital).
The following website page includes the visiting restrictions for the various wards/areas and this has been updated.
For other wards/areas, the restrictions remain as follows:
· inpatients can have one daily visit from a family member or friend from the first day of their hospital stay.
· The visitor must be aged 16 or over and it can be a different visitor each day – patients no longer need to nominate a single visitor.
· All visits must be arranged in advance with the nurse in charge so that social distancing can be maintained.
· For visiting arrangements for specific areas and visiting times check the information on this page – https://www.wyevalley.nhs.uk/about-us/our-performance/infection-prevention/coronavirus-public-health-england-advice/visiting-restrictions.aspx
From Friday 1st April, COVID-19 lateral flow tests will no longer be free. Over the next few days, Herefordshire Council will continue to give out the test packs at various locations across the county for FREE.
Free LFTs are being given out at the following pop-up sites until Herefordshire Council runs out of stock*:
Friday 25 March
Saturday 26 March
- Co-op, Bobblestock, from 10:30am
Monday 28 March
Tuesday 29 March
You can also follow where we are on social media. Search @HfdsCouncil or follow #HfdLft.
* The locations and times may be subject to last-minute changes.