Beauty salons, tanning shops and tattooists can reopen in England from Monday, the government has said.

Gyms and indoor swimming pools will be allowed to let customers return later this month.

From 11 July:

  • Outdoor swimming pools can reopen
  • Theatres, opera, dance and music can resume outdoors
  • Club level cricket can return, with other sports following later

From 13 July:

  • Beauticians, tattooists, spas and tanning salons can open, but with restrictions for high-contact treatments

From 25 July:

  • Gyms, fitness centres, indoor pools and dance studios can reopen

What restrictions are still in place?

  • People still can’t hug their loved ones and are expected to maintain social distancing with other groups
  • Nightclubs, and theatres and other indoor venues must remain closed for now

What people could already do before:

  • Visit pubs and restaurants, while observing social distancing
  • Get a haircut
  • Go on holiday in self-contained accommodation or go to a leisure facility, such as a theme park
  • Visit community centres
  • Gather in groups of up to six people in public or private outdoor spaces, as long as social distancing was practised
  • Visit non-essential shops
  • Play sports such as tennis and football with the people that they meet, but only if it is possible to keep a two-metre distance
  • Return to school if they are in reception, Year 1, Year 6 or of nursery age – despite teaching unions expressing serious doubts
  • Meet loved ones if they had been “shielding” from the virus
  • Visit outdoor retail spaces such as outdoor markets and car showrooms where social distancing can be observed
  • Return home from university if it was a permanent move
  • Go to property viewings in person and visit agents for both sales and rentals
  • Invite nannies and childminders to come to their house to look after children, provided good public health measures are adhered to
  • Form a “support bubble” with one other household meeting inside and staying overnight – if they live alone or are a single parent with a child under 18