Are you someone who takes pride in their work? Hereford Business Improvement District are seeking an individual who is happy to weed, wash, clean, de-litter, de-gum and paint throughout the streets of Hereford so that it looks highly presentable and welcoming to shoppers each day – in all weathers throughout the year.
Working 16 hours per week between Monday to Thursday (or Friday if you wish) you will be a strong self-starter, able to work alone, and disciplined to ensure your work makes an impact and is to a very high standard.
The list below is not exhaustive but provides an overview of the core elements of the role. Please read the job description and person specification for more detail.
- The post is for a fixed term and ends 31st March 2020 with the possibility of extension subject to a re-ballot and needs of the business.
- Good work ethic with ability to work alone, manage own time and make decisions.
- Work will take place in all weathers and seasons throughout the year.
- You will regularly be weeding, vacuuming, washing signs, painting and picking up litter amongst other tasks as required.
- Possess an awareness of health and safety and a logical approach to outdoor work in keeping yourself and public safe.
- You will be operating equipment from time to time such as electric trailers and large cleaning machinery.
- Ability to talk and interact with the public and businesses, representing Hereford BID and the businesses who fund us.
- From time to time you will work different hours such as evenings and weekends as needed by the business so flexibility is required.
The deadline for applications is Friday 3rd May, 10pm. Interviews will be Tuesday 7th and 8th May.
Please state your experience, abilities and suitability to the post in a covering letter.
For further details and to apply for this vacancy, please visit ???? https://www.indeedjobs.com/hereford-business-improvement-district-ltd/jobs/ed1ae48aebf93a68b723