It has been confirmed this evening that the Great Malvern Christmas Festival has been CANCELLED due to the severe weather conditions that are forecast to affect the United Kingdom when Storm Arwen arrives on Saturday.
A post on the Vist The Malverns Tourist Information Centre’s Facebook page confirmed the news a short while ago:
“It’s with great sadness, that the decision has been made to cancel the outdoor events at the Great Malvern Christmas Festival.
“There will still be in a few festive activities taking place across the town:
– Santa’s Grotto at Great Malvern Library – 10am-3:45pm
– The animatronic Polar bear will now be at Great Malvern Library for all three time slots
– The Green Winter Fair in The Lyttelton Rooms
– Augmented Reality ‘Santa Needs You Trail’ Trail
– Christmas Wreath Window Trail
“Great Malvern Priory Church will also be open from 10am from 4pm and we hope to continue with a variety of activities and music performances.”